Terms & Conditions of Insurance Cover
1. ITEMS THAT CAN NOT BE INSURED
- All camping equipment
- Vehicle undercarriage (can be damaged by off road driving)
- Personal belongings and Personal injuries and death
- Water damage of any kind. Any water crossing should first be crossed by foot on both tracks. (Left wheel; Right wheel) The water level may not be higher than knee level, for the vehicle to cross. Driving through water may cause water to enter into some parts of the drive train e.g. Differentials, gearbox, transfer case. If water should be found in either one/all of the above, an oil change will be necessary to avoid serious damage. The cost of which will be for the renter/client’s account.
- Recovery/Tow-in cost of accident damaged vehicles.
2. SPEEDING AND SPEEDLIMITS
All vehicles are equipped with satellite tracking devices. Readings can be updated every second. Speed limits are as follows:
- Tarred/asphalt road: 120km/h
- City limits: 60km/h
- NON-Tarred Road e.g. Gravel/Salt: 80km/h. Please ignore 100km/h signs; you may only drive 80km/h on any gravel/non-tarred roads. (Good e.g. Road from Swakopmund to Hentiesbay not a tar road but a salt road)
- Game Parks/Reserves: e.g. 70km/h - Driving off-road in dunes, protected areas, dry riverbeds and beaches not allowed.
- Off-road routes (Roads with no B, C, D numbers), which were not cleared and approved by San Car Rental.
- MISSUSE OF VEHICLE: e.g. overloading, reckless driving and drivers which are not on the rental contract
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or controlled substances - Any act in contravention with Namibian Law
3. GENERAL INFORMATION
- Tyre pressure and surfaces must be checked at regular intervals and be inflated according to the prescription on the Vehicle Statistics sheet. Any tyre loss, repairs or damage during the rental period, will be for the renters account. San Car Rental does not accept tubes, patches or second hand tyres in the event of damage or loss.
- The client will be responsible for water and oil during the rental period.
4. PAYMENTS AND COSTS IN THE EVENT OF ACCIDENT DAMAGE
- Insurance excess will be banked or part thereof. When there is damage to the vehicle quotations will be obtained and the damage amount will be taken form the Authorized excess amount. Contract is bound to the rental car, meaning that all payments done or excesses held cannot be transferred to a different vehicle. Replacement vehicle will have to be paid from new date in full, including insurance excess.
- All costs involved in recovering the accident damaged vehicle to San Car Rental’s premises, will be for renter’s account.
5 . NOT COVERED BY OWN INSURANCE OR CREDIT CARD INSURANCE
- Normally the deposit payable is N$ 30 000-00 per vehicle (Authorization only on Credit Card). When there is damage to the vehicle quotations will be obtained and the damage amount will be taken from the Authorized excess amount. If the damage is more than the N$ 30 000-00 the whole amount will be taken however, this can be reduced to N$ 15 000-00 (Authorization only on Credit Card) When there is damage to the vehicle quotations will be obtained and the damage amount will be taken from the Authorized excess amount. If the damage is more than the N$ 15 000-00 the whole amount will be taken. For this reduced excess the rate will be N$ 140-00 per day per vehicle extra. This can be further reduced to N$ 4 500-00 (Authorization only on Credit Card) When there is damage to the vehicle quotations will be obtained and the damage amount will be taken from the Authorized excess amount. If the damage is more than the N$ 4 500-00 the whole amount will be taken, for this reduced excess the rate will be N$ 200-00 per day per vehicle extra. This excludes Windscreen & Tyre damage which is extra N$ 150-00 per day extra. Theft loss is N$ 50-00 per day extra. It is not refundable.
- Although the renter has the different options of insurance cover from San Car Rental, the renter is still liable for full damage to the San Car Rental vehicle or third party involved, if caused by negligence or road conditions not suitable for the vehicle or driving in riverbeds and through water or driving on any terrain or roads which have no road numbers as well as over speeding.